The CABMM Start-up Grant is a peer-reviewed funding program designed to support collaborative research projects between CABMM members and thus, to strengthen the CABMM network and to promote new collaborations between CABMM members.
It supports novel projects within the musculoskeletal and the cardiovascular research field, e.g. experiments providing proof of principle in preliminary or higher risk projects that would not yet be supported by other more competitive funding agencies. This first support should offer the opportunity to subsequently apply for other funding of more substantial scope (SNF, Innosuisse, etc.).
- Only CABMM members can apply for a CABMM Start-up Grant. At least one applicant needs to be affiliated with the University of Zurich.
- The main applicant needs to be affiliated with a Swiss institution. Collaborations with partners in other countries are still permitted.
- Only collaborative projects between CABMM members are funded.
- Submission of more than one proposal per applicant is not permitted, and only one active proposal per main applicant allowed.
- Preference is given to proposals by young academics.
- Only research projects in the musculoskeletal and the cardiovascular field can be supported.
- In vivo animal experiments are excluded.
- No projects involving industrial partners will be funded.
Submission deadlines are March 1st and September 1st of each year.