Magnetic therapy enhances chemotherapy treatment of breast cancer
Prof. Dr. Alfredo-Obregón, Dr. Alex Tai and their team from the National University of Singapore are pioneering a novel magnetic therapy for the treatment of breast cancer. The combination of non-invasive and painless magnetic pulses complements chemotherapy and potentially lowers side effects.
The magnetic technology increases cellular oxygen respiration. In breast tumor cells, the magnetic pulses cause the cancer cells to ‘hyperventilate’ and die, whereas healthy cells are able to tolerate the increased respiratory rate.
To further validate their findings, the research team plans to start a first-in-human safety trial. The one-year clinical trial is expected to involve about 30 breast cancer patients who will undergo the magnetic therapy in combination with chemotherapy.
For more information please visit: NUS news
- Re-acceptance Good Laboratory Practice
- Dr. med. vet. Katja Nuss: New CABMM Steering Committee member
- Accreditation of Biological Bandages for Burns and Wounds
- Peter-Hans Frey Stiftung prize
- VSY Ophthalmology Star Award
- New insights into Ehlers-Danlos syndrome
- First prize for Scott Finlay and Salim Darwiche
- Steering Committee: Election of Prof. Dr. Marcy Zenobi-Wong
- First Prize in Refractive Surgery
- Shield Lecture Saudi Ophthalmology 2020
- ORS 2020 Women`s Leadership Forum Award
- The Ophthalmologist Power List 2020
- ESCRS Poster Award
- Reaccreditation GLP by Swissmedic
- Renewed approval 2020-2023
- Whitney G Sampson lecture at AAO conference
- ESCRS poster award 2019
- Good Bye Mäxi!
- Farewell Brigitte von Rechenberg
- Russian Society of Ophthalmology honored CABMM member Farhad Hafezi
- ICO-Allergan Advanced Research Fellowship
- Elections CABMM Steering Committee
- The PowerList 2018
- Considerable increase on the CABMM Research Platform!
- ShanghaiRanking's Global Ranking of Academic Subjects 2017
- Prevalence of Keratokonus much higher than previously reported
- Switzerland`s first Down Syndrome eye health consultation
- Genome Accessibility and Modification Group
- Intercontinental collaboration
- Ambizione Grant
- Troutman Award for Dr. Sabine Kling
- Another group uses the CABMM Research Platform
- Great success for Prof. Farhad Hafezi
- Renewed approval of the CABMM!
- Updated member section online!
- New research group on the CABMM Research Platform
- New CABMM Steering Committee member
- AneuX project - Towards identifying imaging biomarkers for cerebral aneurysms
- CABMM Report 2012/2013 now available for download !
- GLP Compliance at the CABMM
- Projects Magazine Article
- New research field applicable for CABMM Start-up Grants
- Dr. André N. Tiaden receives the SBMS President Award 2013
- Research Media Ltd Article
- Dr. André N. Tiaden receives funding from the UZH Forschungskredit
- 2nd CABMM Symposium
- Dr. Peter Richards receives SNF Funding
- Histology for and with researchers
- First CABMM Scientific Advisory Board Meeting
- CABMM receives grant for funding research projects
- Dr. Peter Richards new scientific director of the CABMM
- Dr. Silke Mark joins CABMM
- Synthes is supporting the CABMM
- CABMM now in operation